Backpack and School Supplies Resource Events gets youth ready for school
10.02.18 — Back to school for Washington National Guard youth Read More »
Washington National Guard Spouse wins National Award
04.20.18 — Behind every good Guardsman is a support system that rarely sees the limelight. It's made up of family, friends and spouses that offer love, encouragement and often handle every-day duties on their own while their loved one is away. Read More »
Guard unites for peer-to-peer support training
03.06.18 — Program trains guardsmen in building a support team to provide assistance through a crisis Read More »
Guard unites for peer-to-peer support training
Program trains guardsmen in building a support team to provide assistance through a crisis Read More »
Joint Services Support
The Joint Services Support (JSS) Directorate is designed to be a one-stop center for all Washington Guard veteran and family readiness services. We oversee transition services, state family programs and a resiliency care team. The JSS manages programs that provide Washington's Warriors, veterans and family members support services that enhance their well-being as well as promote their productive military participation. Headquartered in Building 3 on Camp Murray, with locations at armories across the state, the JSS can provide assistance no matter where you’re located in Washington state.
Need emergency assistance?
Call 1-800-364-7492 (Available 24 hours)
- Family Assistance Specialists (FAS) provide comprehensive, coordinated, responsive and CONFIDENTIAL services in support of Service Members, Families, and Veterans from all branches. Essential services include crisis intervention, counseling and financial resource, Tri-Care medical and dental resource, legal resource and DEERS enrollment eligibility and outreach and information and referral to appropriate service agencies.
- Child and Youth Services (CYS) positively impact Service Member / Family Readiness, Resilience, Retention and Quality of Life by providing secure, timely, flexible and high-quality Youth Development opportunities and resources which promote the overall well-being of National Guard Youth.
- Work For Warriors assists Service Members with developing employment opportunities through: Career guidance, Job skills assessments, Resume development, Interview skills development.
- Citizen Soldier For Life (CSFL) applies financial readiness and career readiness standards, employment outreach and assistance services to the Recruit Sustainment Program (RSP). Training and employment outreach and assistance in a manner that meets the unique needs of the ARNG new recruit / Family.
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) DoD Program to promote cooperation and understanding between Guard & Reserve service members and their civilian employers. Supported by over 80 volunteers throughout WA from small business, government & industry.
- Master Resiliency Training (MRT) Teaches a set of skills and techniques that build resilience. They then teach to other soldiers. The intent is that NCOs will take the skills and training taught in the MRT course to the junior Soldiers they instruct and lead to handle adversity, prevent depression and anxiety, prevent PTSD, and enhance overall well-being and performance.
- Transition Assistance Advisor TAA/VA Assists with possible compensation for injuries or illness sustained as a result ofmilitary duty. Helps with VA processing for qualified programs, locating military/medical history and provides referral service.
- Family Readiness Support Assistant (FRSA) empower Commanders and FRGs in their duty to deliver the Total Army Family Program so that Soldiers and Families are informed, educated, assisted, and ready for the unique demands of military life before, during, and after deployment. Airmen and Family Readiness Program Managers (AFRPM) provide Readiness support including direct day to day service to Airmen and their Families.
- Personal Financial Counselors (PFC) Financial responsibility and accountability in money management through Preventive financial education, Personal financial counseling, Consumer advocacy, Information and referral to achieve personal financial readiness, responsibility, accountability, stability and choice and freedom.
- Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) conducts comprehensive program that centers on awareness and prevention, training and education, victim advocacy, response, reporting, and accountability.
- Resilience & Risk Reduction Program Suicide Prevention (R3SP) Conducts Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) workshops monthly throughout the state to maintain training of SIOs and train Gatekeepers to identify / intervene with a person at risk of suicide.
- Psychological Health Program Advocates, promotes, and guides National Guard Members and their Families by supporting psychological fitness for operational readiness.
- Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program (YRRP) Provides information and resources to Service Members and their Families, follows the deployment cycle with tailored events and information, provides resources for children on the topic of deployment.
- Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) Embraces and reassures Survivors that they are continually linked to the Military Family through a unified support program that enables them to remain an important part of the Military for as long as they desire.
Youth Academy helps Spokane family
KREM2 interviews the Opps, who had two siblings go through the Washington Youth Academy.View All Videos »
Tactical Air Controllers train in close air support
Joint Terminal Attack Controllers from the Washington National Guard's 116th Air Support Operations Squadron, 194th Wing, traveled to the Utah Test and Training Range to sharpen their skills of controlling fighter jets in close air support.View All Videos »