Employment Transition Services
Employment Transition Services (ETS) provides helpful coaching to assist unemployed, separating and retired military personnel enter the civilian world. Our mentors provide various services to facilitate a successful transition, including resume development, referral services, interview techniques, career self-assessment tests, and job placement services. Those that use our services leave with the confidence and tools they need to find a meaningful career in the civilian world.
- Resume preparation
- Military skills translation
- Apprenticeship and job placement services
- Interview techniques and tips
- Employment plans
- Agency referrals
- Hiring and job events
Contact our counselors for assistance and support:
Will Gable - Camp Murray
(253) 512-8727 firstname.lastname@example.org
(253) 512-8727 email@example.com
Shannon Leacy -Camp Murray/Tacoma/JBLM
(253) 512-8903 firstname.lastname@example.org
(360) 604-7320 email@example.com
Reyes Villarreal -Tri-Cities/Yakima/Moses Lake
(509) 760-3238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathie Valentine-McKinney Kent/Seattle/Everett/Marysville
(253) 740-1169 email@example.com
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is a Department of Defense agency that seeks to promote a culture in which all American employers support and value the military service of their employees. We recognize outstanding support, increase awareness of the law and resolve conflicts through mediation.
ESGR volunteers stand ready to assist you with the following services:
- Recognition - An employee serving in the National Guard or Reserve, or the spouse of a Guard or Reserve member, may nominate individual supervisors and bosses for support provided directly to the nominating Service member and his or her family. The Patriot Award reflects the efforts made to support Citizen Warriors through a wide-range of measures including flexible schedules, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families and granting leaves of absence if needed. Patriot Awards are awarded to individual supervisors, not to an entire staff or organization as a whole.
- Information – Your one-stop resource for the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA), a federal law that establishes rights and responsibilities for uniformed service members and their civilian employers. USERRA is intended to ensure that persons who serve or have served in the Armed Forces, Reserves, National Guard or other uniformed services: (1) are not disadvantaged in their civilian careers because of their service; (2) are promptly reemployed in their civilian jobs upon their return from duty and (3) are not discriminated against in employment based on past, present, or future military service.
- Ombudsman – Neutral mediation to resolve employment issues related to your military service.
Visit Washington State’s ESGR website for more information.
We know that searching for a new job is a big undertaking. That’s why Hero2Hired (H2H) was created and proudly supports eBenefits. Matching the Guard and Reserve “2” jobs they deserve. The Veterans Employment Center (VEC) is the federal government’s single authoritative internet source for connecting transitioning service members, veterans and their families to meaningful career opportunities.
- Employer Commitments – View hundreds of employers and organizations that have made a commitment to hire or train Guard, Reserve, Veterans and their family members.
- Profile & Resume Builder – Seamlessly import results from the skills translator into an online profile that you can save for future use, publish for employers to search or download to help you develop a resume in any format.
- Skills Translator – Translate your military occupational codes into civilian skill equivalents.
- Veterans Job Bank (VJB) – Allow search of more than 1.5 million jobs.
- Other Resources – The VEC contains links to a broad set of other informational resources.
For more information on H2H or the VEC, contact the H2H Employment Coordinator, Tamie Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 512-1383. More information is also on the website https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs