How to Contact the Washington Military Department
We want to connect with you!
To reach an employee of the Washington Military Department, please call: (253) 512-8000
TTY Accessibility Number (253) 512-7298 (For deaf & hard of hearing and for persons with speech impairments only)
Our main phone number is answered by an automated attendant system which provides menu choices to route your call to the appropriate office. Our offices are closed on state and federal holidays. A few offices are open Monday to Friday, but most offices are open Tuesday to Friday.
You can also search our directories for individual phone numbers: Phone Directory by Department (PDF)
Information and contacts for EMD staff also available at this link.
Information, address and contacts for Youth Academy staff also available at this link.
Fax: (253) 512-8497
Please include a fax cover sheet on all faxes.
1 Militia Drive
Camp Murray, WA
Attn: < insert title or name of intended recipient >
Members of the media wishing to speak with someone about the Washington Military Department, please call the department’s Communications Director Karina Shagren at (253) 512-8222 or by email to Karina.Shagren@mil.wa.gov.
Community Engagement / Speaker Requests:
Want the Washington Military Department / Washington National Guard to be a part of your event? Click here for details
DUE TO VOLUME, We are requiring requests to be submitted no less than 90 days prior to event.
Please direct requests for employment verification to the appropriate contact information below:
- For Washington Military Department state employees, call (253) 512-7942 or fax an authorization to release information to (253) 512-7808.
- For Washington National Guard federal technicians or active guard reserve, call 1-800-367-5690 and provide code #01365.
- For traditional members of the WA Army National Guard, call (253) 512-8442.
- For traditional members of the WA Air National Guard, call (253) 512-3354.
To request WA National Guard service and discharge records under the Privacy Act, please contact the appropriate component below:
- WA Army National Guard - Request records from the G1 Discharges Office by emailing a completed, signed Standard Form 180 (Request Pertaining to Military Records) to the following email address: email@example.com. You may call G1 at (253) 512-7686 or (253) 512-8258.
- WA Air National Guard - Call headquarters at (253) 512-3354.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs should direct record and service verification requests to the J9 Warrior Transition Unit, Building 3, Camp Murray, WA 98430, fax: (253) 512-7543, phone: (253) 512-8722.
To request Washington National Guard records under the U.S. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), please call (253) 512-8262 or visit /national-guard/freedom-of-information-act.
To request Washington Military Department records under the Washington State Public Records Act (PRA), please call (253) 512-8110 or visit http://mil.wa.gov/about-us/public-record-disclosure